| Israeli Academic Programs
We will resume our programs in Israel once the travel warning issued by the U.S. Department of State is lifted.
Israel with respect to:
- one of the most highly educated nations worldwide. It has the highest ratio of university degrees to population in the world: 77% of Israelis have secondary education, 24% of Israel's workforce has academic degrees; 12% have advanced academic degrees.
Science and technology:
- world largest percentage of scientists, engineers, doctors and musicians per capita. For every 10,000 Israelis there are 72 engineers or scientists.
- Israel has proportionately the highest number of publications in science and engineering worldwide.
- on a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.
- With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (apart from the Silicon Valley).
- Over 25% of Israel's work force is employed in technical professions, the highest percentage in the world.
- Israel far outnumbers its European counterparts in the number of companies traded on NASDAQ (3rd after US and Canada).
- Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.
- It ranks among the top 7 coutries worldwide for patents per capita.
- In proportion to its populationn, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the 2nd largest number of start-up companies (US is first).
- Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.
- Israel has the world's second highest per capita of new books.
- Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.
- Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.
Colleges and Universities:
Israel has eight major public universities with programs designed especially for English-speaking students. Students can petition for Florida Atlantic University to accept transfer credits from these institutions and programs. Please note that there are now private schools and colleges in Israel as well. Below are links of interest:
- Alexander Muss High School in Israel: offers college credit through Broward Community College.
- The University of Haifa
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva
- Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan
- Technion Israel's Institute of Technology, Haifa
- Tel Aviv University
- Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot
- The Open University
- The Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya
To learn about other International Programs abroad through the International Programs offices of:
FAU, click here.
BCC, click here.
For additional information about Israeli programs, contact the FLORIDA-ISRAEL INSTITUTE